Sunday, April 6, 2014

SUBlime Read Alouds for the Substitute Teacher



Hi All!  I'm relaxing and enjoying the last night of Spring Break.  I'm sad to wake up early again tomorrow, but happy I had time to spend time with some people I love!!!  

Currently I'm a busy, busy girl working on report cards, a presentation for the school board, writing a grant, and preparing 3 days worth of sub plans.  No, I'm not going on vacation or having surgery.  I'm chaperoning my school's Fifth Grade Outdoor Education Trip.  

I'll give you a moment to take that in.

Yep, me.....little miss I like to craft, bake, read, and shop.  I'm outdoorsy now.
That's what I keep telling everyone anyways!
I even bought my first piece of camo clothing to celebrate the occasion!

So, anyways back to that little picture above...
Back in my babysitting days I used to carry with me a few picture books that included babysitters in the storyline.  It was something fun and special for those little kiddos and I! 
 I decided why not have a collection of books on substitute teachers to leave with my sub!?
I leave this little pile on my desk with a small note saying to read one of these if the mood strikes 
(or if you need a time filler)!

Here's what I've collected so far:
Substitute Creacher by Chris Gall
The Substitute Teacher from the Black Lagoon
The Berenstain Bears and the Substitute Teacher

I'd love to know if you know of any other titles for my collection! 
Do you leave anything special on the days when you have a substitute? 

XOXO
I'm off to do outdoorsy things...like chop some firewood or cure my own meat...NBD

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Outdoorsy is not my thing. I can handle a little camo though...I am from the South after all. I'm spending the night in Sea World...on the floor...overnight...with no shower...I do NOT want to do this. UGH!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to have a collection of substitute books! I'm sure it could lead to some good discussion between the substitute and the class :)

    Rebecca
    Ladybugs Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Nelson is missing. That was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. Plus, it reminds your students how much they LOVE you, so they'll be extra excited when you return! I hope you're having fun at Outdoor Ed. I remember loving it as a student!!

    ReplyDelete