Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's the Final Countdown!!!!

That's right folks, it's time for me to start counting down the hours because tomorrow is my last day of school!!!  It was a little brutal these last few days, not going to lie.  I may or may not have had to hum, "I will survive" a la Gloria Gaynor, oh as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive! Here's how I've been trying to stay alive these last few days of school:


Countdown to Summer!!! My team has done this for a couple of years now, but this year it was really lengthy with our four added Snow Days.  Of course I was an awful blogger and forgot to take pictures. Oops! 

Monday: Math Mayhem Day
 My teammates and I each took a third grade math concept to review.  Our classes rotated around the hallway playing multiplication dice games,  making fraction ice-cream sundaes, and using measurement skills to build structures from straws.

Tuesday: Book Character Day
The kids loved dressing up as a book character and I loved that my Paperbag Princess costume made at 11pm the night before didn't cost me a darn thing!

Wednesday: Game Day
Students rotated around the hallway to play different games with the third grade teachers. Bingo, Pictionary, and board games were among the favorites.

Thursday: Mad Scientist Day
My class was able to complete 7 science experiments! It was an exhausting day!!!! We finished the day by visiting the 5th Grade Science Fair.

Friday: Field Day


We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day outside!


My cute little ones even one the Third Grade Tug-of-War! Woo-hoo!!!


And then the countdown continued...

Monday: Pajama Day
My Practically Fourth Grade Students loved hanging out in pjs and reading with their pillows and stuffed animals for some special Flashlight Reading! 


Just look at these little comfy cuties! 


Later in the day all of the third grade students participated in a grade level Book Swap.  Students had the opportunity to bring up to 3 gently used grade-level books from home.  We had some fabulous volunteers collect the books, pass out tickets to students, and organize all of the books for the swap! 


Students were able to take home some great new books to read over the summer! 

Tuesday: Hooray for Summer Day
We HAD planned on doing a picnic lunch, but it was rained on.  Instead, we ate our lunch on towels and beach blankets in the hallway. :) 

Wednesday: Last Day of School
We'll be visiting a local museum, going through our writing portfolios, and viewing Charlotte's Web! (our latest novel study) 
I can't wait to celebrate the last day of the year with my sweet students!
XO

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You are officially on summer break now then since I caught this post a few days later. Congratulations! It looks like you made the last week really special for your kiddos. :)
    ~Heather
    Loose Shoelaces

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Countdown to Summer days! I will have to pin this so I don't forget about it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete