Monday, June 10, 2013

Classroom Set-Up (Then & Now)

I'm excited to share link up with Kristin over at Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten and share my first and current classroom. My first room was a teeny tiny room that had once been used for storage, a counselor's office, and who knows what else! That year I worked with small groups of 3-4 students at a time providing literacy interventions for ELL students and at the time I LOVED my room! When I look at the pictures now I giggle at how little I had! Most of the room was made up of donations from the AMAZING kindergarten teachers there who I had done my student teaching with and my mom who had been spending her Scholastic points for the past 4 years on books to jumpstart my classroom library. LOVE THEM! This year my third grade classroom had a sweet shoppe theme and thanks to Pinterest, teaching blogs, and friends I was really happy with it!! First Year 2009-2010 My first little teacher desk AND...that's the rest of the room! Like I said, teeny-tiny! I didn't like the color of those shelves, but they were SO nice to have to store all of my the stuff that was donated to me. This Year 2012-2013 Classroom library ( I love those lanterns) CAFE Menu and some cute lollipops Word Work Station I really did love my classroom this year, but am excited to make some tweaks for next year! Thanks for checking out my room and be sure to head over to Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten to check out more transformations :)

7 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog and love your first room. That is so wonderful that your mom saved her points for you! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweet shoppe is such a cute theme. The bright colors are so inviting.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up Erin! :) I love the bright colors in your room & I'm super jealous that you get to hang lanterns from your ceiling. I can share the pennant tutorial with you if you want to make it this summer. It's an easy project! :)

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your room theme and all the bright colors. I especially love the polka dot and colorful hanging lanterns. I would love to get some of those for my room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute room! My room is done in the same colors. I just started my blog so I don't have pictures up yet :) I LOVE the lanterns you have hanging from the ceiling! Where did you get them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love when classrooms are filled with bright colors! I picked up that set of lanterns at Party City last year, I think they were a total steal :)

      Delete
  6. Your room looks great. I love the colors.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete