Friday, June 14, 2013

Where Do You Think You're Going??

            I've finally finished the magnet board I created my glitter magnets for and wanted to share! Man, I'm on a roll! ;) I'm linking up with Ladybug's Teacher Files and Fun in Room 4B's Optimum Organization Linky party!!!
 
As you know the classroom is very happening place with kids always coming and going to meet with different teachers all over the building. This poor girl couldn't keep her head straight! To help manage my kids schedule I used a card system this past year with library pockets. When students left the room, they put the index card with their name on it into the library pocket by the door. This then indicated to me who was out of the room. BUT, there were some issues...aren't there always?!? The paper pockets ripped and needed to be replaced often, the kids would lose the cards in their desks for forget to pick them out of the pockets. The system became too much stress for me...which is sooooo not ideal. 
              So, I've seen many of these types of magnet boards all over Pinterest created by teachers to help manage the issues I was having. Last week I created glitter magnets, which you can find in this post here. Students will be able to move their # magnet to their current location: restroom, office, ELL, etc. I also drew lines to mark where each magnet should be returned to, just to make sure they stay in numerical order and are nice and even. Confession: I can be a bit of a micromanager...#teacherproblems!!! I dolled it up with some leftover ribbon and glitter paper that is to die for!
              I'm SUPER excited to use my new magnet board this year! Do you use a system similar to this in your classroom? How has it worked for you? I'd love to get some feedback. :)
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a great idea!! Kids go to so mnay different place during the day and this is a perfect way to keep up with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea! I have a hard time keeping up when students leave. I often have to ask the students, "Where did ____ go?". This is a perfect idea to fix that issue! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, your board turned out great!!! I can't wait to make those magnets!! And where did you get the magnetic board? I remember seeing them from somewhere, but I can't remember where now!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! I picked up the board at JoAnn's :)
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Erin

      Delete
  4. Hi Erin! I just found your blog, love the name! I am always looking for tech tips - we now have iPads so I'm always hunting for good science apps. I'm looking forward to your posts! I'm your newest follower:)

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete