Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I'm Currently Late for January!

Well...this is just plain embarrassing.  I took a break from blogging and all things school related, but I just don't feel right starting the month without Farley's Currently.  That's right, that's how much of a hold that amazing super teacher has over me!  So, although I'm embarrassingly late to the party, I'm linking up anyways.  I'll proudly be the caboose the to Currently Express. Lord knows I've got the dupa for it!


Listening: It's my second snow day at home and there is a PLL marathon on...WINNING!!

Loving: Sleeping in on a snow day :) I did wake up at my regular work time, showered, dressed, and then promptly went back to bed.  You know, just practicing getting back into the routine.

Thinking: I SHOULD be productive..and I have...a little bit. However, Bravo TV and Pinterest really are the ones to blame here.  Upon finding out about my second snow day, I celebrated with making some Snow Ice-Cream! I found the recipe HERE.  Two of my other teaching friends joined in the fun and made Snow Ice-Cream at their homes too! My dear friend Emily posted about her's HERE


My friend Leannie Bananie sent me her ice-cream on the left, she added chocolate chips! Ooo la la! 


Wanting: I really do wish we were starting back on a Monday. I'm weird like that..I just cannot get into my groove on a Wednesday. *Insert pouty face here*

Needing: Disaster has struck folks...my Uggs are in need of repair! It's terrible! A small hole has formed on the stitching by the toe...eeeek! I supposed they're eight winters old, but still!

Memory or Tradition: Baking cookies with my family, specifically kolacky.  They're a family favorite. In middle school I attended my Gram's 2 Day Kolacky boot camp to learn the recipe and techniques.  I wish I was kidding, but my gramps and dad were SUPER intense about it. 


Stay warm, stay sane, and happy new year!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Personally, I'm thrilled to be starting back on Wednesday because it means we have a short week! I like to ease back into the routine. It also helps that our next two weeks are 4-day weeks! I won't see another Monday at school until the 27th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love snow cream!! Haven't had it in years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow cream sounds delish. Def have to make it. Yay for being your newest Blog Lovin follower.! Drop by. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your Uggs lasted 8 years! Mine are only 2 years old and I was upset about a mark I couldn't get off last week. I have been thinking about watching PLL on Netflix...

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh...I have a stitch loose on my UGGs too. This pair is only two years old. I completely stretched them out by wearing thin socks with them. I couldn't help it though. They were turning my toes black if I didn't. I think I want to get another pair. It's definitely worth spending the money on them.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhm…So jealous of people having snow days. Wish we had those here in Hawaii :P I have to agree with you..snow day+PLL=major win. I can't imagine a better day. I love watching PLL.
    Courtney
    Teaching in Paradise

    ReplyDelete