Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meet the Teacher Blogger!

Hey There!!! 

It's been a little over a year since I began this cute little blog and I've loved every single bit of it! The sense of camaraderie and support from amazing teachers sharing and communicating with one another from around the world is UH-MAZING! 

That's why I'm so excited to join Stephanie Stewart from Falling into First and to make some new friends! If you're new to this blog, WELCOME and I hope you stay for a while! 


I'm a 20 something year old teacher living in Chicagoland area who loves to create, share with others,  and make new friends! 




THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Aside from pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, I also love: 
Glitter, puppies, ice-coffee, popcorn, hydrangeas, sticky-notes, children's literature, cake-batter ice-cream, crafting, baking, Apple products, sparkling things, sassy book characters, mason jars, gold touches, vintage finds, and anything with a touch of leopard! 

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

A Party Planner! I love to make little moments into special lasting memories.  My mom always hosted the best home birthday parties for my siblings and I, people still talk about them! At the current school I work for there is a small committee of teachers who decorate for showers and celebrations at school in our teacher's lounge throughout the year.  I always have a ton of fun planning and creating with these ladies! Here are two of the celebrations I decorated this past year and I just loved how it transformed our dull space! 



THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Thoughtful, Creative, and Organized....I figured short and sassy went without saying! 

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

Sure, I'd LOVE to watch that Blood Pathogen video again!  

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Hmm...my family, friends, and you of course! I'd love Martha Stewart to plan the party, Ina Garten to cater, Dean Martin to provide the music, and Oprah to greet.
Wouldn't that be grand!?!?

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

Yucky Girl
There's a story behind that...when I was a wee little one I would announce to anyone who could hear me everywhere that I was a, "yucky girl" meaning to say that I was a "lucky girl". My family still tells me how 'yucky' I am! 

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

I'm not sure if this is a superpower, BUT, I'd love to have Zach Morris's power of time freezing.  Remember in Saved by the Bell he'd stop whatever was going on to have a little convo with himself and the audience?? I want to be able to do that! 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?


I'm a big fan of Jesus and The Beatles...both of these are two of my favorites! I've been contemplating getting a second tattoo with The Beatles 'Let it Be' :) 

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 


"I Saw the Light" by Wynonna Judd. Should you ever hear me sing that, you're in for a treat.
Or at least I think so. Ha!

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?  

I can rock 10am like nobody's business, but if I had to pick,  I'd say I'm a night owl.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TPT ITEM IN YOUR SHOP? 

I am a sucker for bright colors, just ask anyone who's shopped at a mall with me. I'm very easily distracted by color and sparkle! I'm still rather new to TPT, but I love my Reading Strategy and Skill Posters!  I post these on our classroom Focus Board and refer to them during Guided Reading.


Q:SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 

Hmm...you might not know that I'm the oldest in my family and definitely the shortest. By a lot. Our heights are 6' 6'', 6' 0'', 5' 11'', and then little old me at 5' 2'' 
*Major Sad Face* 

Thanks for coming by and don't forget to click on the button below to take you to the rest of the teacher bloggers! 



14 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the beatles. I am only 30 but, I find my love of music comes from my dad which is a lot of Billy Joel, Beatles, Chicago, and Madonna. He had some weird taste but, I guess I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A party planner? Seriously - How fun is that?! I'm your newest follower! Love this cute little blog!! :)

    ~Kourtney

    kourtneypayton83@gmail.com

    Mrs. Payton's Precious Kindergarteners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah! Oh come on...blood pathogens are the best part of BTS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that video is HORRIBLE! Totally agree! I rock 1pm...not a morning person at all! ;)

    -Aris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am short too, but my entire family is kind of short too. I am barely 5'1", at least that is what my driver's license says! My husband is 6'1", so I hope our kids are an average height.

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the short club too. A select few of my students are taller than me - boo!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :-) Hope to see you again!

    The Fourth Grade Fizz

    ReplyDelete
  7. loll at the zack morris comment!!! I miss that show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved reading this, friend! :) I had forgotten all about the Zach Morris time pause! LOL! I used to LOVE that show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are simply my favorite. This just solidifies the fact that we have even more in common with every passing day, right down to the "Let It Be" tattoo...but I think I've explained the significance with my parents and me and that song. Let's go get them together after the baby comes! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hydrangeas too! And we both love planning parties! I was actually the chair of that committee at my old school but ours didn't turn out as cute as your because most of the staff wasn't near as excited about themed luncheons as I was... :( Followed you on Bloglovin :)

    Terrific Teaching and Learning

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to work in event planning. I decided not to continue because I didn't want to spend my nights and weekends at other people's parties. I LOVE the planning part, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to come to your party! Love Ina...but also never have any of the ingredients she uses (have you seen the Pinterest "posters" about her? So funny. Love your quotes, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Erin! I hopefully have fixed the issue with the "no comment" problem. Thank you so much for the heads-up!!

    ReplyDelete