Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Made It 8-11-14



I'm so excited to actually share with you some of the projects I've been working on lately! I'd love to make more things for myself, but I'm school-mode now like many of you! 


My first share IS a little something just for me! Inspired by Pinterest, I picked up a few packages of magnet letters from the Target dollar section and spray painted them with metallic gold paint I had hanging around from an old project.  I LOVE the way they turned out! 




I scored some of these wooden frames from Michaels on a 85% off shelf! Score! I've been trying to be good and use a lot of supplies I already own, so I spray painted these bad boys with the remainder of some spray paint cans leftover from a variety of other projects. 

I'm hoping to create a mini collage in my library corner and fill these with fun quotes from books and authors. :) 



If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen this photo of my bins.  I was a labeling machine this past week I tell ya!! I'm glad that part of my room set up is almost over----fingers crossed!!! 

I'm also loving using the leftover con-tact paper on my worn built-in shelves. :) Like lipstick on a pig. Ha! 



My last share are some gifts I made for teacher friends. I thought they turned out super cute and was tempted to keep one for myself! 

I've still got two weeks left of summer until school starts for me! I'm hoping to spend some more time having summertime fun before I move into my classroom full-time.  

Thanks for stopping by and Happy New School Year!!! 



7 comments:

  1. KATE SPADE!?! Can I be your teammate! :)
    Aris

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh...I have wanted to do that with letters for a while - may have to now. I love your frames and those teacher gifts are awesome!
    GlueSticks&Crayons 

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ I was thinking the same thing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome gift! :) Love the gold letters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be your teammate too ; )
    I haven't been able to find cheap frames for my quotes so in the meantime plan on mounting them on glittery scrapbook paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I'm gettin me some gold spray paint and letters! And I'm uber jealous that you got those frames at 85% off (I paid $9!!!!!). And we're both sassy...and left handed...freaky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely *love* those gold letters! And thank you so much for my beautiful notepad. It's going to be my "go to" next week for admin trainee week! You're the best!! XoXo

    ReplyDelete