Monday, August 19, 2013

Blogger Exchange and a Sneak Peek


It came! It finally came! I was so excited to receive my package from Lindsay over at Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers. I had a lot of fun shopping for Lindsay and a lot of fun being surprised by Lindsay! Thanks Lindsay, I LOVE everything!
 
Here's a run-down on all my goodies:
-super adorable polka-dot composition notebook for note taking during meetings
-my absolute FAVORITE pens ever- FLAIRS!!! I'm so excited, aren't those colors gorgeous!?
-fun pink zebra duck tape (this might just go on my pencils so that they aren't confused with my students)
-3 packs of adorable glitter clothespins. So fun! Y'all know I've got a thing for glitter.
-My first pack of Scento Markers ever! I was thrilled to finally see what all of the fuss was about and was NOT disappointed.  My third graders are going to love getting a little star with these yummy smelling markers!
 
 
I've been working hard in my classroom getting ready for all of my new students to arrive next week.  Here's a sneak peak at my progress so far!   I'm loving my pretty wall of windows and of course my adorable bunting!
 


These are my new drawer organizers for each pod of students.  They'll be more information to come on these guys later...but I'm loving the colors! I picked up the caddies at Michaels and the taped laminated cardstock inside each of the drawers to conceal any mess to match.
 


I updated my reading bags, students use for their independent reads, this year and replaced them with large canvas tote bags from Really Good Stuff. 
 
 

This is a shot from my new teacher area of the back wall.  My team has decided to use Ladybug Teacher File's idea of C.R.A.F.T. this year to extend our C.A.F.E. model.
 
 


 
Check out that mess! There's still so much to do, time to kick it up a notch!  I've been having a lot of fun checking out everyone's classrooms this year and am continuing to be inspired by all of the awesomeness out there! Stop it with all of the great ideas out there! Seriously, stop it! I can't keep up!
 
Best of luck to anyone starting school this week! 

 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm coming to move into your room and I'm seriously not joking. It is bright and makes me happy!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is so inviting! Love the colors! Especially love the matching caddies and drawers!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erin your room looks fantastic so far. I love the coordinating colour theme and the new drawers look fabulous.
    Have a great year!
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you got some great goodies. Your room is looking awesome too!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your room! Such great colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am LOVING your room! I am jealous of all of your windows! Love! I also really like the 3 drawer organizers for each group! I would love to do that one day!

    ReplyDelete