Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Why'd I Buy It?!?


I'm linking up with Elementary AMC today to show you some of my new classroom purchases.  It's a place for all of us teachers to Ooooo and Ahhhh over one another's new sparkling things without judgement! Love it! Some people just don't understand how exciting it is that Post-It has released a new colored sticky note...or how thrilled I am that my favorite Crayola Skinny Markers now come in bold colors. Seriously. I'm counting on you all to jump up and down with me, okay? Okay!


First up is my new Ikea rug. I have a carpeted classroom, so fortunately I've not felt the need to purchase a rug.  It was an expense that could be spared.  However, on a trip to Ikea I spotted this cutie...and with the Ikea family discount it was $15...seriously. Ikea was daring me NOT to buy this rug. 


Since I've been giving my library a rainbow makeover I decided to purchase this rainbow set of paper lanterns! I can't wait to see how it all turns out! 
Of course I had to buy a new book to start out the school year, this How Not to Start Third Grade title looked adorable!!! 


I don't shop at Meijer often, but I fell in love with this astrobright lined paper, bold skinny markers, and this Scotch masking tape! How cute is that!?

Do you follow me on Instagram? I usually post all of my shopping finds there along with all sorts of things I just can't get enough of!  Search for ShortandSassyTeacher and I'd be happy to return the favor and follow you too!

XOXO



6 comments:

  1. IKEA has awesome stuff! I drove almost two hours to get to our nearest IKEA. A perfect road trip. I love your carpet!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of all of your purchases!! Love the IKEA rug - they clearly wanted you to have it!! Love the paper and the alphabet tape. Also - your book basket bin labels look fabulous (saw them on the carpet!!). Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same rug on an ikea trip--for $15 it's hard to resist!! I've also been wanting to grab that lined paper...I wish we had a Meijers here in FL!! Thanks for sharing, I love seeing other teachers' purchases! :)

    Briana
    Sun, Sand & Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found such GOOD stuff, Erin. I love your rug, and I need that paper! I'm not familiar with Meijers, but I'm going to look them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want those paper lanterns! Soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I am reading this AFTER I went to the store. I want some of those skinny markers. I use those for EVERYTHING!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete